Are You Ready To Shine Bright?
5 Ways To Build Your Self-Confidence
The dictionaries definition of self-confidence is “a feeling of trust in one’s abilities, qualities and judgment. While this is true it makes having confidence in yourself sound like a chore… Finding confidence in yourself must definitely be more than that right? YES! Yes, it is. It can mean different things for all of us. Maybe it means plucking up the courage to walk into a crowded space completely alone vulnerable to the world. It could mean finding the courage to try again after failing your driver’s test for the 5th time. Boy, do I know that pain! What is true for all of us is that we all have the ability to shine brightly and confidently.
The awesome thing is that there are no rules to finding your confidence. You can go big or start small. A great place to start is asking yourself a single question. What is holding me back? Once you realize that the only thing holding you back is your own thoughts and frustrations you can start to build up your inner glow.
1. The mind is our greatest tool, but it is up to us not to abuse it. Every time you find yourself thinking negatively or internally bullying yourself stop and turn your negative thought into a positive one. For example, I catch myself stopping at every mirror picking at things I may not like about myself. rather than do that now I stop and tell myself how AMAZING I look today and that I am going to rock at everything I do. Make a list of things that you love about yourself and celebrate that.
2. So now you have had a good old wink in the mirror and you are out on your way to your daily grind. You catch yourself comparing yourself to your gym instructor, your best friend or colleague STOP! Here are some facts:
- You will never be them.
- You don’t want/need to be them.
- You are grateful to be uniquely you.
- You are so AMAZING!
4. Do something that scares you. It can be anything
. Remember nothing is too small! When you start to put yourself in uncomfortable situations more often, you start to realize they aren’t
as uncomfortable as you overthought it might be…Yes, I am talking to my fellow over-thinkers. This also will open you up to a whole new world of possibilities that you never knew existed. Do not stop yourself from living.
5. Lastly. Self Confidence DOES NOT mean perfection! It’s okay to not get it right every time because, between you and me, you won’t. This is your journey and you will get there at your own pace and don’t let anyone or any social media platform fool you.
I Am Perfectly Imperfect!
Be proud of your successes, give yourself and your body unconditional love, take time out for you and the things you love to do and always know that it’s okay not to be okay. But don’t dwell in it for too long, acknowledge it and move on to realizing your BOSS BABE self!